Friday, November 23, 2007

More ferny goodness

Some people get up on Black Friday to sit in the cold night, hoping to buy some cheap junk, as if we don't all have enough junk already. I will never be one of those people. I got up with the gorgeous morning sun streaming through the (unwashed) windows, read the news, drank a cup of coffee, then finished this:

(picture of hat)

Pattern: Ganomy Hat by EZ, in The Knitter's Almanac
Yarn: Opal Gems Sport, color fern, leftovers from J's socks
Needles: bamboo DPNs and metal circular size 2 1/2 (why not?)
Comments: Had to adjust the pattern to match the gauge in sport weight; very easy to do. It's such a quick and satisfying pattern I didn't even have time to show you "in progress" pictures.

I still hate this yarn. I was hoping I'd run out for the hat, so I wouldn't have any leftovers, but there is still a small ball of fern-green yarn. Maybe I'll throw it away or something. It's such a lifeless, inelastic yarn. Sure it's shiny and somewhat soft, but it just doesn't do anything for me. Booooring.

This brings the total of works in progress to 3! Gauss would have been so proud of me for being industrious, orderly and whatever else. Remember this:



I picked it up earlier this week, and since I'm on clue 7 I will probably finish it soon. I don't know how I feel about this shawl, but it will be warm, it will be finished, and there are times when that should be enough.