Saturday, November 17, 2007

The reason for not blogging...

.. is knitting, believe it or not. I've been trying to finish a pair of socks for J's birthday, so every knitting moment has been dedicated to actually knitting. The socks are the Diagonal Cross-Rib socks from Favorite Socks, and they are much further along than this picture indicates:



In fact, the socks are almost done. Which is good, because 1) I am very sick of them, and 2) the birthday is on Monday. I'll post the full project details on Monday, plus the lessons learned (I don't like Louet Gems, and I'm never knitting on a deadline again).

I will end this short post with a nugget of priceless wisdom: the body of a sweater is much wider than the sleeves:



On the bright side, having knit the sleeves makes knitting the body much faster: I've memorized entire rows of the pattern!