Sunday, September 23, 2007

??

I know, I know, the silences are getting longer and longer. Two weeks without posting. Between a leadership retreat, three career fairs and lots of meetings, there just wasn't much time for posting. I'd post more, but how exciting is a post without pictures? It's taking and uploading the photos that requires planning - I really need daylight to take good photos, and therefore I need to be home while it's still light outside!

Too busy to post, but not too busy to knit. I finished the Kaffe Fassett sock during the retreat. I might wait a bit to start the second one, since I have plenty of other things I'd rather do first:



The Basque Beret from Veronik Avery's new book Knitting Classic Style. I am in love with this book, and the beret will go perfectly with the Voyager Stole! I'd been looking for something to do with the extra yarn, because such a lovely cashmere-wool blend should be used to the last yard. No, I haven't finished the Voyager Stole yet; I will make the beret, and then use all the yarn that's left in the Stole.

The pattern is great, and not too complicated. I love the beginning band detail: it is stretchy and seamless but has just enough structure to keep the shape of the edge of the beret.

Finally, I've been zooming through the Tangled Yoke cardigan. I can't remember why I cast on for this project, maybe it's the addictive magic of Eunny Jang. In any case, I'm up to the "tangled" part, a few rows of a lovely infinite cable design. Almost finished, really:



Speaking of Eunny and her designs: I received a call from the LYS that the last two colors from the Venezia kit are currently going through customs. This means... I might actually have yarn for Venezia some day!! Unbelievable.