Saturday, September 8, 2007

Pictures, finally

It was about time, wasn't it? Here are some photos of the latest knitting, and a long-overdue photo of the red scarf for my mother

1. K.F. socks





On my latest trip to the yarn store (to check on that stupid Shetland yarn: do they have the lambs that will some day grow wool for my order??) I stumbled across Kaffe Fassett's sock yarn for Regia. The colors are so exuberant, so "Caribbean sea"-like, I just had to get some and cast on right away. Will make yummy socks, with the added advantage that I don't need a pattern: I'm making basic stockinette socks. The only twist is the ribbing: purl 2, knit 1 through the back loop. Looks cute. Depending on how big they turn out, they will become my socks or J's socks.

Notre Dame de Grace





I will indeed run out of yarn, so I'm waiting on the shipment from Cestari (crossing my fingers that they actually have the yarn in stock). Have no idea what the sweater will look like, but I didn't knit it for the looks - I knit it because I just had to try that smart construction of the collar. In any case, it will be a very warm sweater, and there's always room in the closet for a warm sweater.

Red scarf from VLT





The scarf has some cryptic name in Victorian Lace Today (scarf no. X with edging no. Y). It needs to be blocked. And then I need to ship it out, fast, before I decide that I'd rather keep it. Love the yarn.

Tangled Yoke cardigan





Everybody's doing it... and why not? It's a cute cardigan, goes quickly (lots of stockinette or garter stitch rib) and should be a very sexy finished object.