Saturday, May 12, 2007

Finishitis

Sounds bad, doesn't it? But I cannot think of a better name for the unstoppable desire to finish things. I seem to suffer from it lately. Evidence #1:



Pattern: Audrey by E. Lavold
Yarn: E. Lavold's Silky Wool in green, just under 3 skeins
Needles: size 6 circulars and dpns
Comments: 1. Despite all my measuring and trying-on, the straps still came out too long and I had to frog a pattern repeat. Words of wisdom: do not weave in the ends until you are completely happy with the result. Weaving in ends might be unpleasant, but it's nothing compared to the un-weaving of the ends. 2. There is a mistake in the lace chart; see Lavold's page for an errata. 3. Silky Wool is always interesting to work with, and the stitches turn out, shall I say, perfect!

Evidence #2:



Pattern: Embossed Leaves Socks by Mona Schmidt, in Favorite Socks
Yarn: Koigu KPPM in raspberry almost solid
Needles: Crystal Palace bamboo #2s
Comments: wonderful pattern, and the yarn isn't too bad, either. I can see why this is one of the most popular patterns in the favorite socks knitalong