Saturday, August 4, 2007

Ute socks finished

What should I put on my feet on a hot, humid August day? Double-thickness socks, of course!



Pattern: Ute Socks by Nancy Bush, in Favorite Socks

Yarn: Brown Sheep Nature Spun Sport, in ash, scarlet, beet red and plumberry

Needles: steel 0 DPNs

Comments: Oh, how I hate steel needles. But I doubt they make size 0 bamboos that would last more than a day in my hands.

I am extremely pleased with how these socks turned out. I played a bit with the heel / toe colors, removed one pattern band from the leg (it was coming out too long) and made the patterns on the two socks mirror images of each other (very easy to do with such small patterns). The plumberry is an Ok substitute for the original color grape, but a little too dark.

The yarn was quite cheap but good to work with, if not the softest yarn around. It came from WooBee KnitShop, and I was very pleased with their selection, speed of shipping and care in packaging the order. I highly recommend them.