Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Jade

The knitting has been done for weeks, but this sweater took a bit of finishing: weaving ends in cotton yarn is not much fun.


Pattern: Jade from The Sentimental Collection by Elsebeth Lavold

Yarn: Elsebeth Lavold Cotton Patine, color "denim"

Comments: For some reason I am addicted to Lavold's designs. I've just scored another of her books on eBay, The Embraceable You and I am already dreaming of the angora yarn used in that book. I don't even like angora and I certainly don't need another sweater pattern in my queue. And yet - there is something about her work... maybe the Swedish vibes? I am a huge fan of Ikea as well!

Anyway, back to the sweater. I've probably written somewhere that the lace sleeves are fiddly, since the pattern does not tell you how to achieve the increases. It's fun to figure out ways to incorporate the increases in the lace pattern, and the pattern itself is quite stretchy and forgiving. Plus, it's a very quick to learn lace. I knitted the body in the round up to armholes, then knit back and forth for front and back. The lace collar is cute and different, and I found some shiny buttons to go with it:

And here are the lace sleeves I am so proud of: I think the seam turned out allright!
Overall, a very quick and satisfying knit. It will be perfect for spring.