Sunday, March 9, 2008

More colorful projects

I sometimes wonder whether my "sense of color" is off. Whenever I pick up the Crosspatch vest and need to adjust my eyes, I think that perhaps I need some lessons in color theory. And then I remember that I married a man who chooses these colors:



and insists that they be used together in a colorwork project. Purple and yellow. Wow. My eyes almost hurt when I pick up this project. For the record, these are the Keefely Mittens from Handknit holidays and the pattern is beautifully written. I will certainly get my money's worth from this book.

I recently acquired a copy of Alice Starmore's "Fishermen's Sweaters" and oh! the beauty!! I think the next big project will be one of her sweaters. If I could live a million years I'd like to knit ALL her projects.