Thursday, March 13, 2008

Keefely mittens

These might be the fastest mittens I've ever made.



Pattern: Keefely Mittens from Handknit Holidays

Yarn: Harrisville New England Shetland (the yellow and the purple), Brown Sheep Nature Spun Sport (the red)

Comments: The Harrisville is kind of rough on the hands. I know it's Shetland wool and all, but the Jamieson's shetland is a lot softer. The pattern is fabulous and knits quickly; I especially like the thumb construction - the way you pick up stitches avoids gaps!

Disclaimer: I did not pick the two main colors and I still think they don't go together at all. But a promise is a promise! So, warning: if you take your partner into a yarn store and tell them to pick some yarn, be prepared to work with their choices! Fortunately, we are poor and could only buy yarn for a small project; can you imagine having to do a whole sweater in yellow and purple?!?!