Monday, July 14, 2008

Long overdue

A post with actual knitting content is long overdue, after all the real life nonsense in the last few months. Freshly blocked, I give you:

Hanami Finished 002

The Hanami Stole! Another awesome pattern by the talented Melanie of Pink Lemon Twist. As soon as I finished her Mystery Stole 3, I knew I wanted to support her design endeavors, so I purchased the pattern for Hanami (the first and, so far, only pattern I've bought by itself). It is very much worth it, and you know how I feel about blocking and such (blocking chez Gauss usually involves a green bedsheet, cheap steel wires from the hardware store and even cheaper push pins):

Hanami Finished 001

The yarn is JaggerSpun Zephyr. It glows beautifully and all, it makes for some nice crisp lace, so I am pleased, but somehow it doesn't wow me. Perhaps it's because I am turning into a cranky old lady.