Saturday, June 23, 2007

Socks and shawl

I finished Meida's socks a few days ago, and finally found the time and the camera to post pictures:



Pattern: Meida's socks by Nancy Bush, in Favorite Socks

Yarn: Koigu KPPPM, blue and white, way under 2 skeins

Needles: my trusty #1 bamboo needles; I love the way they curve to the shape of my hands.

Comments: I am very pleased with the pattern and with the fit. The heel is pretty and looks sturdy, and the socks are quite cute. And I am very much in love with the bud toe.



The knitting on the spider web shawl is also completed. I was so excited to finish the last row, and then I looked at the pattern, made a little mental calculation, and realized that I have about 4000 crochet stitches to make for the edging. This is Ok, I can crochet and all, but it will take a little while. The result looks promising, so far: