Saturday, January 26, 2008

Busy, busy times

Looking for a job is more time consuming than I ever imagined. I spend a week writing cover letters, personal statements and polite e-mails, and it's still not over. But I have some promising signs that somebody, somewhere might want to hire me some day.

The knitting has been allright. In a fit of "I need to relax, damn it" I cast on for the second of the Eastern European Footlets (remember the first one, back in April?). As I am a much faster knitter now than I was in April, I finished this second one... in less than three days. There is some duplicate stitching to be done, but I hope to show you some finished pictures soon. A word about the pattern - I seem to be the only person on Ravelry who has actually made these footlets, and it's such a shame. It's a great pattern and very quick to make.

The biggest knitting news is that I will be teaching a knitting class! As part of a program of short, fun courses through my university I will team-teach a lace class that will meet a few times throughout the semester. We don't get paid, but the university has some money for "supplies" - so we will have the first class meeting at a yarn store!