Sunday, January 6, 2008

Inspiration for 2008

When I'm thinking historically-significant knitting, I'm thinking this:



A beautiful Norwegian men's cardigan. Mass-produced, but beautiful. I took a few extra pictures of the details...



I'm also thinking of the happy, happy person who went home from the auction with the Caspian Sea Socks. "They match my glasses!" she exclaimed. I'm glad to see them go to a good home...



Kaffe Fassett knitting counts as "historically-inspired," doesn't it? It's history in the making! I signed up for a K.F.-inspired workshop at Rosie's Yarn Cellar and now I'm mulling over Kaffe's latest book, trying to pick a design. The only problem is the cost of any project, since Rowan ain't cheap. I might just bite the bullet and do it... Just like Venezia, such a project will take so long that the cost per day becomes insignificant!