Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Lace and socks

I (ahem) unvented a new lace pattern! It's a positive way to look at the silly, silly mistake I made on the sampler shawl, 4th pattern. There is patterning on both sides, but I just purled the wrong side rows - voila, instant new pattern! It looks Ok to me, in fact I was checking the picture and "my pattern" looks very similar to the original. That's the beauty of a sampler - you can play with each section and it doesn't matter what you do or not do, the sampler will still be allright.

(picture here, once it gets light outside)

Last night I finished weaving in the ends and duplicate stitching the black on the Eastern European Footlets:

(picture here)

Pattern: Eastern European Footlets by Priscilla Gibson-Roberts, in Favorite Socks

Yarn: Knit Picks Merino Style in Charcoal, Pine and Crocus (the last two left-overs from Caspian Sea Socks; Pine seems to have been discontinued)

Needles: steel dpns size 0 (really). I hate these needles. They hurt my hands. But how else would you get the insane gauge of 7 st / in with DK yarn?!?!


Comments: I seem to be the only person in Ravelry who has made these footlets. Which is a shame, because they are a very quick knit and they keep one's toes very warm. I highly recommend the pattern for practicing toe-up socks (Priscilla Gibson-Roberts' method is so much better than the dreaded Turkish cast-on!!) or learning intarsia or just for fun.