Saturday, March 3, 2007

A story with animals

As it was virtually spring yesterday, I took TeddyBear on a long walk to Rosie's Yarn Cellar, one of the local yarn stores. Good for him to walk, good for me to see what's new in the world of yarn.

TeddyBear is a huge fluffy dog, and the people at the store like him, as they love wool and all fiber animals; naturally they let me bring TeddyBear into their little shop. As the shop owner approached TeddyBear to pet him, he let out a big WOOF! in his roaring voice -- I was mortified. He then proceeded to... perfume the air of the little shop... in a way that only big dogs seem to be able to. I pretended not to notice, and couldn't figure out how to buy my stuff faster.

I picked up the US 6 dpn's that I need for the cable-down sweater sleeves:



as well as some 24" circular needles, also size 6. I'd been knitting the sweater in 40" circulars, pulling the slack every row and boy, the right needles certainly do make the process easier and more pleasant.

I also picked up some yak (I think I'll name her Karabella):



And finally, for a truly exotic animal: I'm knitting Eunny Jang's entrelac socks, in grey and purple. Pictures coming soon...