Monday, March 26, 2007

Yarn auctions

I'm selling some yarn on eBay. All of it is in mint condition.

Opal Rainforest Tiger Sock yarn, 1 skein

After knitting J's socks with 1 skein of this yarn, I've decided that I do not want to make another pair in the same colorway. Don't get me wrong, this is a beautiful yarn and the stripes are majestic. However, I'd like to work on lace, textured or FairIsle socks more, and I've just bought the Favorite Socks book, and I know that I will never get to make another pair of Tiger socks.

Rowan Kidsilk Haze, 2 balls

Somehow I haven't quite fallen in love with this yarn. Yes it is soft and hazy and the color is beautiful and it would make a gorgeous shawl or scarf, but it's just not my thing. I'll never make anything with it besides finishing the current scarf I have on the needles. And if you pay attention you will see that I'm not making any progress on the pink scarf.

Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted, 1 skein, Periwinkle

I've changed my mind about a project: I was going to make Priscilla Gibson-Roberts' Eastern European footlets, which call for worsted weight yarn, so I bought some skeins of Lorna's Laces. What a silly idea. This yarn is so soft and shiny and pretty it would be a crime to put it into socks. I'd love to make a sweater with it, but at $17/skein it is a little too expensive for a sweater. I've already broken the label on the skein, so off on eBay it goes.